Thursday, October 11, 2007

Manchester Blog Awards: 2007 Winners


And the winners are...

Best Personal Blog: Single Mother on the Verge

Best New Blog: Rent Girl

Best Arts and Culture Blog: Mancubist

Best Political Blog: Politaholic

Best Writing on a Blog: Day of Moustaches



The blog awards event was a roaring success. Some 80 people packed out Matt and Phred's to hear wonderful readings from Day of Moustaches' Chris Killen (pictured above), Airport Diaries, A Free Man in Preston, the end of Elizabeth Baines' Manchester Blogstory (which I've just posted here,) and a reading and chat with author and blogger Caroline Smailes. Not forgetting the dj stylings of music blog stalwarts Black Country Grammar and Yer Mam!

But, as usual, the best part was seeing old friends and actually meeting in the flesh people I've only previously known on the internet. Many thanks to everyone who came and helped make the night such a good time.

(If anyone posts pictures of the night on their blog, let me know and I'll link to them. I got so busy that I forgot to take more than a few!)

3 comments:

Single Mother on the Verge said...

Thank you very much to the blog readers who nominated Single Mother on the Verge for the awards. I am very grateful. And thanks to the judges for awarding it the best personal blog. I'm very grateful for this also. I'm sorry I wasn't there to witness the fun: but it sounds like it was a jolly affair.

Bests
SMV

Politaholic said...

I'd like to thank my manager, my agent, my body double...and above all God (blub blub...). Seriously, it sounds like it was a good night and I wish I had been able to make it. Many thanks to whoever was misguided enough to nominate/vote for me. I think there are more deserving politics blogs but I'm not complaining. I shall brag and boast about this endlessly. I am the champ. I am the greatest. I float like a bee and sting like a butterfly...er...Thanks Manchizzle.

Anonymous said...

Very well done on putting the night on and keeping it together so smoothly Kate ... was great to catch up with you, and to meet a few new faces! Looking forward to next year's glittering ceremony already...